Tata Memorial Centre
- An autonomous body, under the Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India, was founded in 1941.
- It is one of the largest cancer centres in the world, providing exceptional clinical service, imparting high quality training and conducting innovative need based clinical research.
- The hospital caters to over 70,000 new patients each year –amongst them 3000 are children (less than 18 years of age).
- Patients come from all over the country and a vast majority of them (atleast 70%) are given free or highly subsidized treatment.
- The Department of Paediatric Oncology endeavours to provide holistic support to all children with cancer, during their difficult journey of cancer treatment.